Creating a fully-functioning and leak-free bathroom can sometimes seem like a feat in itself. When redecorating your bathroom no matter how many times you take sink or toilet measurements something always seems to go wrong.
The bathroom is one of the most expensive rooms in the house to redecorate, therefore there is no real room for error. But, you don’t need a big budget to create a luxurious bathroom, as long as you use the best accessories and colour secrets. Below are some ideas on how you could make your bathroom look luxurious without breaking the bank.
- Don’t throw out period features when creating a sleek, modern bathroom. It is possible to work with these elements to create something altogether which is more classic and that is unique to you.
- Use an ornate mirror, by swapping your regular mirror for one with an attractive frame you will instantly upgrade your room.
- Marble certainly seems to be the material of this generation. By placing a couple of slabs on the wall or floor you are instantly making your bathroom look more expensive. You don’t have to cover the whole wall either, simple marble splash black creates more of an effect at a fraction of the cost of a full wall.
- You may want to involve some hidden lighting. Recessed shelving is an ideal place to secrete an LED strip, which creates a glowing wall lamp without any bulbs on display. But nothing elevates the tone of a bathroom like a glittering chandelier, with its sparkling crystals that send light bouncing around the room it is a brilliant way to add some glamour to your bathroom.
- A simply decorated bathroom can look very refined, just one feature can take a room from simple to chic. You could do this by hanging a beautiful piece of art on the wall or by adding some glamorous accessories such as a crystal ornament or a vintage lamp.